The Best Ways to Reach out to Trade Journals1 year ago
Trade journals are a great way to get your name out in the world and in other publications hands. However, so many people want to do this as well, so here are a couple of tips to make your submitted article stand out.
- Pick journals that reflect your target audience: It seem like a good idea to mass send your article out to any journal within reach, but sometimes it is better to take the time to select a few that are highly focused on what you want to talk about.
- Read the Guidelines: Certain publications may have guidelines or submission rules, so search for those on their website and follow them. They probably won’t even give you a chance if you can’t follow their instructions.
- Be Mindful of the Word Count: Many publications will have guidelines about the length of the article, so be aware of it and don’t write too much or too little. If you are having trouble, it might help to have an outline of your article to work from.
- Edit, and Edit Again: You want your article to be well-written, and sometimes the best writing comes during the editing process. Once you have edited it once, walk away for a day or so and read it again with fresh eyes.
- Be confident in your writing: This one is more of a morale boost than a logistical tip. In every step of the process, make sure that you are confident in what you are writing. If you aren’t excited about it, the publication won’t be either.
If this all seems too daunting or you just don’t have the time, reach out to use for a custom quote in articles for trade journals.