Are Blogs Still Relevant?7 months ago
We have posted before about the importance of an active blog and how having one can help to create your brand, but you may be asking yourself: are blogs even still relevant? Well, you are in luck, because today we will be answering that question and telling you why.
So are they Relevant?
The short answer is yes, blogs are still incredibly relevant to today’s society, especially within the younger generations. For some people, the idea of creating and maintaining a blog seems to be more work than it is worth, but we are here to assure that is not the case.
Are you ready for some cold, hard facts about blogs?
- 7 Million People post on a blog today
- Companies that have a blog have a 97% higher chance of getting activity on their page
- 61% of online consumers have made a purchase/choice based off of a recommendation from a blog
- 78% of chief marketing officers believe that custom content (like blogging) is the future of the marketing industry
Even if these statistics don’t stick in your brain, let these three things below be a reminder to you when you are toiling over doing that next blog post:
- Blogs are popular: Did you see the stats above? The general consensus is that people like blogs
- Blogs are effective: Blogs are a great way to market yourself or whatever you are trying to sell. Are you trying to sell a book? Write a blog about your experience with writing. Are you trying to promote an event you are doing? Do a blog with a preview of what you are going to be talking about
- Blogs are relevant: So many people today either read or write their own blog, or in the case of a lot of people, they do both! Blogs are such a great way to connect with people on a more personal level while still keeping your main focus in mind!